Monday 7 February 2011

Pierrot Gourmand

This saturday I took a trip to Angel and came across one of the best second hand markets I have been to in London. At this market I found a small clown broach and thought it would make a nice gift for someone, when I showed it to my friend she said it looked like Pierrot Gourmand so I of course had to ask, 'who is Pierrot Gourmand?'

The broach. £5 from the vintage market in Camden Passage.

Pierrot Gourmand, a famous French lollipop brand with a clown boy patron. Love his rosy cheeks and ruffed smock.

I NEED one of these vintage lolly displays, I think i'd turn it into a lamp. If anyone ever sees one please tell me.

On Ebay for £45, should I? Would make a great storage box / plan chest. 


Allison Goldfrapp plays a Pierrot clown on her album cover. I saw a vintage Pierrot suit in a shop window some time ago but alas it was not for sale, I want one.

Next Halloween, I am Pierrot Gourmand.

No comments:

Post a Comment