Sunday 7 March 2010

Macaroons, Macarons?

I LOVE macaroons! Having only been introduced to the recently, they have become the screen saver in my mind (along with the Yves Saint Laurent 'Tribute too' pumps). My first taste occurred at the Juicy Couture store opening party where they were abundant thanks to Laduree. Unfortunately living in Brighton and because they are £2.00 each (I could eat 10 in one sitting) it would be difficult to fund this habit. So I made my own...







I found this to be the easiest recipe to use after looking at alot of different ones:

Ingredients
225 g Icing Sugar
125 g Ground Almonds
4 Egg Whites- aged overnight at room temperature
30 g Granulated Sugar
Pinch of Salt
Food Colouring of Your Choice.

The first time you attempt to make macaroons I would recommend you use jam as your filling. I think it tastes great and there are so many steps to the cookie recipe, making a filling as well would be a bit over whelming.

For more information on procedure follow this link...
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2007/10/how-to-make-macarons-recipe.html

Good Luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment