Friday 22 October 2010

Paper Dolls

Paper dolls have been around for over 200 years but they were at their most fabulous in the 50s when their subjects were the stars of film and TV. These dolls gave everybody the opportunity to style their idols.

  
'Ricky!'- Luciel Ball is one of the women who apitimised 50s glamour.

Probably my favorite actress of all time, Doris Day. This paper doll from 1955 shows what a style icon she was and continues to be.

The Doris Day wardrobe- I wish I could have these outfits made, they are so my taste (even the clown suit!!)... I NEED to learn how to sew.

The doll that ignited my interest in paper dolls. Rita Hayworth, a gift from New York.

Get the Hayworth look

Love this navy Chanel inspired suit.

Selfridges update the paper doll to showcase pieces from the new seasons collections.




No comments:

Post a Comment