Wednesday 3 November 2010

Lanvin for H&M

Today I saw the first pictures of Lanvin's collection for H&M. Like alot of girls I was looking forward to the grand unveiling of this collection not only because of all the hype that has been created around it but because I am a true fan of Lanvin and their bow tied creative director, Alber Elbaz.
There is defo some pieces worth wanting in there (although the shoes are truly awful) but the price point is quite high with dresses starting at £99.99 and I can't help but wonder if I would be going crazy for these pieces if I saw them in H&M normally... Having said that I will probably be queuing in Oxford Circus on the 23rd November, i've got to try these dresses on before I dismiss this collection.

Interesting twist on the black dress. This dress looked amazing in the advert for the collection staring super model Natasha Poly.

At £149.99 this dress is tres pricey for H&M but not a stitch (price wise) on the Lanvin dress which inspired it. I do love a bit of yellow although i would probably prefer to sport this dress with a more structured belt, these elastic belts offer little support and can be unforgiving on tubbier tummies.

This is probably my favorite dress in the whole collection. It looks like it costs loads of money and has a Vivienne Westwood feel too it. I heart silk tafetta!  

High waisted, tiered, lace= my perfect skirt. Can't wait to wear this with a black shear peter pan collared shirt from American Apparel, ankle socks and...

These wooden healed boots from Urban Outfitters, £85


Or could team the skirt with this top, the more I look at the collection the more I like it. It's a grower.

The best of a bad lot- Sorry Alber, i'm really not a fan of the shoes.



No comments:

Post a Comment