Sunday 8 August 2010

The Hat-Trick

'Do you sleep in your hat?'- This is a question I am asked all too often. The answer is of course no, (it would be far too awkward) but some days when i'm sleeping is the only time when a hat is not on my head. It's not that I don't like my hair (although hats have helped me through some bad hair cuts and generally BAD hair days), I just really like hats! I have been a dedicated hat wearer for as long as I can remember; russian hats, berets and wool hats in winter and straw fedoras and boaters in summer. I am trying to cut down on my hat wear but it's hard, some days I put a hat on unintentionally and leave the house unaware i'm wearing one until someone says 'nice hat'. I am definitely a hat addict, 'My name is Makeda and I have a problem...'.

Hats, Hats, Hats...

This deer stalker hat is rarely far from my head in winter, I love hats with flaps that can be clipped up or worn over your ears. I have a black fur Russian Hat but considering I had it on for most of last winter I have no good pictures of me wearing it...

The Camden panama


The wide brimmed straw boater. I love wearing this hat, it makes me feel like i'm in 
The Sound of Music.


My Latest summer fancy...


A fair trade fedora from Parachuti


Although not strictly a hat I do like to wear my hair tied up in Hermes scarves.


The Mortar Board, a one time wear. I liked the tassel.


Bring back armor!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment