Saturday 7 August 2010

Trench Coats

With the weather taking a funny turn over the last week i've found myself thinking about my autumn wardrobe. I think everybody's (men and women) wardrobe should contain a good trench coat. I know it's an obvious thing to say but they are sooo useful and a guilt free purchase because they never fall out of favor. The perfect trench coat is for all seasons; they can be worn on rainy summer days without their lining and layered with sweaters on cold winter days. I am particularly partial to the ones with quilted and shearling linings that can be removed, normally attached by a series of little buttons. Oh and I prefer if they're double breasted, although single breasted tend to look better on women with large bosom and men with large tummies.

Here are some ideas...

Burberry is of course the most celebrated trench coat maker, knocking new designs out every season. The Burberry Prorsum coats are expensive but they also have their Thomas Burberry line which is more affordable.

Mens trench by Brooks Brothers. Love the black fleece lining. 


I'm not sure how I feel about the plaid inserts on this trench by Topshop (£195) but I love the shape of this one. Love the idea of having inside pleats, it adds in elements of the swing coat; a twist on the classic trench which tends to be more structured. 


Love button backs


High military collar, NW3 by Hobbs £199

I had to add a picture of this cashmere collar that can be buttoned onto your coats collar, nice!
Brooks Brothers $35



1 comment: