Sunday 15 August 2010

Vintage Dresses

Most of my dresses are vintage. I love foraging in vintage markets and shops looking for them. I think one of the most important things to look for in a vintage dress is fabulous fabric. The fabric is the first thing I register when I see a dress and then I look to the style of the dress. Alot of vintage dresses are that funny mid calf length but don't let that put you off, it is relatively cheap to have a dress taken up and it can transform the dress from being slightly drab to AMAZING.

Some of my best finds...

Lanvin Maxi dress, New York

Whimsical puff sleeve dress, Manchester. This dress was maxi when I got it but I think it works much better as a mini, as a maxi it was too much of a look. I wear this one with black Prada ankle boots and socks. Hair in a bun.

My newest purchase from Portobello Market (Ladbroke Grove end). This one was that funny mid calf length when I got it, love it short. I'm really looking forward to wearing this with black YSL tribute too pumps (when I get them) and black tights in winter.

When I found this Valentino dress it had long sleeves which made it very 80s... I got the sleeves shortened (my mum used the left over fabric to cover a head band). I teamed it with purple YSL pumps and my trusty Dior (Willie Wonka) sunglasses for a couple of weddings last year.


No comments:

Post a Comment